Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Out of Edom and Bozrah crimson-stained "I'm Coming Back for my Tribes"

Out of Edom and Bozrah crimson-stained "I'm Coming Back for my Tribes"

  It's 2 days before Thanksgiving, 2013. Waking up to be thankful my family are on their way on the long drive to Delaware. It has been a strange year; more of my family and extended family is in eternity celebrating this year, than was last. I am grateful for those I have still here with me. I sip my morning brew, pet the cat, and am so grateful I have come through this year. Intact. Whole. Grateful. Hopeful. I don't know what 2014 will bring, but I am in very good hands. Allstate may be the 'good hands people'...but I've got Yahweh; He's got the universe in His hands. We'll be alright people, I think to myself, if we only remember to whom we belong. A song rises up within me, and Isaiah 63 (that familiar passage God has spoken to me about so often) is on my mind. "Lord, are you trying to tell me something"?

 As I flip through the pages of the bible, I am always struck by the strength of the prophets words. The God of Israel did not cause Isaiah to write impotent phrases, He called Isaiah to pounce upon the verbs and noun, to make a point. "I have trodden the winepress alone; from the peoples, there was no one with me" (verse 3, Complete Jewish Bible) . And verse 5 "Therefore my own arm brought me salvation, and my own fury upheld me". Read all of Isaiah 63 sometime, and you will see the passion and fury and intensity and power of God's thoughts toward Israel, toward those who rejected Him, toward the people He loved and felt abandoned by, yet a stirring jealousy of protection and safety toward them. You can tell what's been on God's mind and heart for centuries, as He pleads, cries out, years for, punished and finally redeemed a people, and their generations after them, all through the words of Isaiah. There is no mistaking how God views this people, their descendants, from Moses to now, as He recounts what He has and will do to them, and through them, and for them. Now, here is the mystery of this passionate chapter: God is telling us a 'Ancestry-DNA' mystery here - He tells us about the scattered remnant of His people, and we are part of the Isaiah 63 story. We are going to see one day, who (in our ancestral line) came before us, and one day (in His courts in the days to come) we will see a pattern of spiritual and natural legacy where our bloodlines came from. You are more related to Yeshua, the King of the Jews, than you ever knew. He really is your brother, this King of the Jews, this Chief Cornerstone and Capstone, this High Priest (Kohen Gadol).

    My eyes see verse Is. 63 verse 17 as if I were reading this for the first time. "Adonai, why do you let us wander far from your ways and harden our hearts, so that we do not fear you? Return, for the sake of your servants, the tribes who are your possession. Your holy people held your sanctuary for such a short time before our adversaries trampled it down. For so long, we have been like those you never ruled, like those who were not called by your name!"   The Lord opened my eyes - the 'tribes who are your possession'. I flashback to the many conversations my dear friend 'loves the Word' and I have had this last year, many late hours at the diner, talking about what we have been discovering through Ancestry and on-line searches. It is mind blowing to discover you are from Sephardic and Ashkenazi Jewry and can trace lineages back to family crests, last names, and genealogy. (This is not a plug for any on-line sites, I'm just sharing the journey the Lord put us on). My friend "loves His Word' has an amazing gift at the computer and for investigating just about anything. *(To respect her identity, I will refer to her as 'loves the Word', which she does, and not use her real name).. She is the only person I know who can spend a day at the laptop and trace herself back to Adam and Eve. No, I am not kidding. The Lord has gifted her to discover things. Only person I know who has (with historical documentation, charts, land grants, birth and death records) her whole family line, neatly bound in a book to gift to her family, so they know their 'roots' both spiritual and physical. She can do in a weekend what would take others months to find out. Now that's what I call a gift from God. I am not so swift at this, in fact, I needed her help to help me find me in cyberspace. LOL. I remember working at the PC one day and she calls me, and says 'Liz, your people are from here and there....you are Jewish girlfriend'. Suddenly I remember something the Lord told me while driving on Interstate 81, back from Shippensburg, Pennsylvania in 1990, where I used to work. "Liz, you are a Jew", I heard Him say one day on that long stretch of road, sandwiched in on all sides by big Semi's. A long drive and much to think about. "Me"? A Jew?  I used to think God had me confused with someone else.  I mean, my grandparents came over on the slow boat from Czechoslovakia and and Scotland and Wales.Over 130 years ago. Didn't have any records, didn't know much about them except a little here and there. Was told I came from a long line of Catholics and some Protestants, from what they knew. But who knew? Well, God knew. Why is this even important to know, you may wonder. Because I am seeing that 'knowing where we came from' and knowing our 'spiritual' as well as physical roots, has a lot to do with knowing where we are meant to go. Suddenly, things about yourself (they way you operate, the way you think, the stirrings within you, they make sense. Suddenly, you start to get it).

 I want to stress here that the 'most important' root we all need is to be 'grafted in' to the Branch of David (Jesus), as the Word says, we are 'adopted' all of us into Messiah (Ephesians 1:5).  Being born Jewish or being born Polish or Greek or Italian or anything else does not guarantee exclusivity, or immediate Club Membership into Heaven's Elite Frequent Flyer Program. Just as the Israelites used to brag to Jesus that they were 'sons of Abraham', He had some strong words for them then about their 'righteousness' being as filthy rags. And yet God does say to the woman who wanted some morsels of bread (Mt. 15:22-28) that there was a specific purpose for which He came, and that His own people had a 'specific' calling and destiny to the nations. Yeshua was not being cruel or disrespectful here, he was giving a plan of origination and specificity. God is all about destiny. Of nations, tribes, and family. The DNA in our bloodlines is very important to God. The more you find out about your past, the more you can see your future. There were prayers prayed generations back you never knew about, but it has a lot to do with your family tree coming to know their heritage. One day, I suppose, in God's heaven, we will meet and know those (who died in faith) who went before us, and we will all have a family reunion that is beyond our wildest dreams. But for now, on this earth, the most important thing we can do is to connect with God through the bloodline that is on the mercy seat of heaven, the blood that the Son of God spilled out for us. [Is. 63:3] "and I stained all my clothing (garments)". Jesus was telling us here, hundreds of years before He came to earth to die, that His blood would be poured out for us. That is your DNA inheritance - you were already bought with a price. A price no one but God Himself could pay.  Jesus was stained with blood, every part of him, every part of His garment, His literal DNA went into the earth, the planet He made, to redeem all the family bloodlines of man. His DNA is still on the mercy seat, and it is our ancestral covenant, spiritual and natural. When God talks about ' the tribes' - know He has scattered us, the many tribes of Israel, all the clans and people-groups  into every nation and continent. He is redeeming us, and that is why many are 'hungry' for Messianic things and hungry to know about Jewish things at this time in history: God has ordained it is the time when discover who we really are.

  So what do you want to know about yourself? Ask the Lord. He will show you. He has already redeemed the nation you came out of, the mother who bore you and the Father whose seed you are, He has gone back into your family line and cleansed it. He has offered this Covenant to you and me, He has shown us in His words, and given us the gospels to know how to break curses, cleanse the blood lines, redeem family trees and ties. You can be the conduit for intercessory prayer in your family tree to Galatians 3:13 - Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree. Check out these verses below. These are just some of the verses in the Word that show us we have the power to pray, declare and believe and receive generational blessings for ourselves and our bloodlines. What are you waiting for God to do for you? He has already given you [through the atoning work of the Messiah] the authority and power to break the curse! You can be a fishing net for your family tree to pray them into the Kingdom. Go for it! Your 'tribe' is counting on you. God is waiting for you.

Proverbs 26:2  Jeremiah 17:5  Deuteronomy 28:1-68 James 5:16  Numbers 14:18 Ephesians 6:12
Revelation 22:3   Ephesians 4:27  Galatians 3:13-14  Deuteronomy 5:9  Genesis 12:3  2 Corinthians 5:17 Proverbs 18:21  Romans 5:12  Psalms 103:1-22  1 John 1:9  Mark 16:9-20  Deuteronomy 28:15-68  Deuteronomy 28:20  Galatians 1:8  Romans 9:3  Proverbs 28:27    Exodus 34:7





No comments:

Post a Comment